What Is a Business Developer?
A business developer is an executive or high-level sales rep whose primary goal is to help Go4Food and its clients increase revenue. In this role, you develop strategies to attract new customers and engage existing ones. Regardless of where you work, your goals are to determine customer choices, add value to the company, and improve consumer engagement. You work closely with the marketing and advertising departments as well as product and services design. Business developers work in business-to-business, business-to-customer, and non-profit sectors.
How to Become a Business Developer
To begin a career as a business developer, you need several qualifications. It is preferable but not required to have a bachelor’s degree in business and several years of experience in a sales or marketing role. You must have proven experience in business sales at the corporate level as well as strong written and verbal communication and public speaking skills. You must also remain informed about your competitor’s market share and sales strategies, so having excellent research skills and the ability to analyze market trends and devise tools to track customer sentiment is beneficial.
How to Be a Good Business Developer
A good business developer is personable and professional when speaking with new clients and understands how to negotiate deals. They know how to work both independently and as part of a team to accomplish company goals. Day-to-day duties include directing market research and analysis and figuring out how to integrate marketing strategies into sales, so having a sharp, analytical mind, problem-solving skills, and leadership ability is crucial for this job. During sales meetings, a good business developer must be comfortable designing and introducing presentations to clients, and strong public speaking skills are essential for them to succeed in this career.
Business Developer Job Description
The Business Developer promotes the Go4Food Platform to businesses, customers, and driver recruits, secures fully executed Vendor Agreements, recruits Drivers (AKA Go4Foodies, Go4Drivers, Go4s) by securing fully executed Independent Contractor Agreements.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Business Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies that will increase our Go4Food’s market share and profitability in the food delivery industry. This position requires an individual who is creative and analytical, with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research Vendor contact information
- Market Claim Listing Business Profiles to their respective Vendors
- Identify and develop new business opportunities through market research and competitive analysis
- Develop and manage relationships with potential clients and partners
- Negotiate and close deals with clients and partners
- Analyze customer data to identify trends and opportunities for growth
- Develop and deliver presentations to potential clients
- Monitor industry trends and changes
- Manage projects and ensure they are completed on time and on budget
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2 years of education in marketing or business (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.)
- 2 years of experience in business development or sales
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven track record of success in developing and closing deals
- Proactive, self-starter and able to work independently
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines